Dear Automotive Executive:
2011 will be the first year of China’s 12th Five-Year Plan period (2011-2015) and an important year for the country’s electrification efforts. The country expects to release the Energy Saving and New Energy Vehicle Industry Development Plan (2011-2020) in March with a focus on promoting the commercialization of plug-in and pure electric vehicles. The NEV industry has been designated as one of China’s seven strategic industries for priority support and investment from the central and local governments.
As governments and the industries around the world have reached a consensus on moving into the next paradigm of transportation and China is believed most likely to be a leading force in vehicle electrification, it is most pertinent and timely for us to put together our second Global Automotive Symposium® (GAS): Commercialization and Industrialization of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles: Global Development and China’s Experience.
GAS® 2011 will be held on April 20-21, 2011 at the Crowne Plaza Century Park hotel in Shanghai right before this year's largest auto show in China - Auto Shanghai 2011 (April 21-28). The two-day conference will feature keynote addresses from major multinational and domestic CEOs, government officials and industry analysts involved in the hybrid and electric vehicle space.
As an attendee, you are guaranteed to receiving the following beneﬁts from GAS® 2011:
* Listen to hands-on presentations from top executives of global and Chinese OEMs and suppliers;
* Learn about China’s latest policies, regulations and standards on hybrid and electric vehicles;
* Enjoy insightful presentations from industry analysts and senior executives of JV, state-owned and private manufacturers;
* Explore global R&D trend in hybrid & electric vehicles and China’s opportunities and challenges;
* Meet with top global, Chinese and expatriate executives who are key decision makers;
* Receive a complete set of symposium documents, a valuable reference book for doing business in China;
* Receive a free ticket to visit this year’s largest automotive trade event in China: Auto Shanghai 2011;
* $200 off of annual subscription fee of our biweekly e-newsletter CBU-EVHybrid.
* 50% off of our 2010/11 Directory of Chinese Vehicle, Motorcycle, Parts and Components Manufacturers (with companion CD)
Our inaugural Global Automotive Symposium® was held on April 22-23, 2010 in Beijing. It was the largest international conference event during Auto China 2010. Close to 50 senior executives, analysts and government officials attended as speakers. 300 Executives from around the world participated at the event.
GAS® 2011 will also be CBU's 16th annual international conference event. Since 1996, CBU's international conference has evolved into a unique annual gathering of multinational and Chinese executives. It is both a value-added event for in-depth discussions on the Chinese auto market and a high-level and rewarding networking opportunity.
We are now inviting speakers, institutional supporters and corporate sponsors to help ensure that we will have a top of the line international conference event this April in Shanghai to address an important and timely topic: Commercialization and Industrialization of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles: Global Development & China's Experience.
If you are interested to attend, speak or become a sponsor at this event, contact our conference coordinator at email@example.com.
Dr. Wayne W.J. Xing, Editor/Publisher and GAS® 2011 Chairman