Eight new policies and regulations related to the manufacturing and distribution of commercial vehicles went into effect on July 1. The following is a summary compiled by cvworld.cn.
1. The Supervision Administration Methods on Road Transportation Vehicles requires that touring buses, chartered buses, third-grade and above shuttle buses, hazmat transport vehicles, heavy-duty trucks and semi-tractor trailers (total weight over 12 tons) be equipped with standard compliant satellite positioning devices before leaving the factory.
2. The Notice for Improving Post-Production Vehicle Certification Information System and Strengthening and Optimizing Administration of Vehicle Purchase Tax Collection and Service, released by the Ministry of Finance requires that local tax authorities must handle collection of vehicle purchase taxes, tax reliefs, etc. according to certificated electronic information. Vehicles without certified electronic information will not be certified. The new “certification information management system,” effective on April 1, 2013, requires vehicles users to submit and upload vehicle information including serial number of certified vehicle electronic information and imported vehicle electronic information .
3. Eight national logistics standards including Logistics Enterprise Classification and Evaluation Index; Warehouse Performance Index System; Warehouse Receipt and Formal Specification; Contract Rules for Logistics Service; Logistics Park Service Specification and Evaluation Index; Pharmaceutical Logistics Service Specification; Logistics Business Index Statistics Index System; and Logistics Park Statistics Index System aim to regulate the logistics market for orderly development.
4. The Construction Waste Transportation Vehicle Identification, Monitoring and Sealing Technical Requirements: Beijing will only use new standard compliant slag transportation vehicles at construction sites, equipped with BeiDou Navigation Satellite System (BDS) and a speed limit of 30 km/h. The local authorities have issued catalogues of qualified slag truck manufacturers and 2,442 qualified vehicles for selection by construction companies.
5. Shanghai’s Plan of Environmental Governance on Old and Yellow-Labeled Vehicles requires that yellow-labeled vehicles in the city will not be allowed to operate inside the S20 Outer Ring Expressway and will be eliminated by yearend. Violators will be fined ¥200 ($32) and have 3 points deducted from driving records.
6. The Plan on Elimination of Yellow-Labeled Vehicles in Hebei Province bans operation of yellow-labeled vehicles on expressways within the province. Violators will get a penalty of ¥100 ($16) and 3 points deducted from driving records.
7. The Shenzhen Quality and Credit Assessing Method of Dump Truck Transportation Enterprises stipulates that dump truck enterprises that fail to pass assessment will be suspended to apply for archive serial number for the next year. Dump trucks that fail to pass assessment for two consecutive years will be banned from the city.
8. Fuzhou’s Notice for New Vehicle Registration and Non-Local Vehicles Emission Standards requires that gasoline and dual fuel vehicles meeting State-IV emissions standards and gasoline fueled positive ignition vehicles meeting State-V emissions standards can be registered in the city. Registration of motorcycles, microvans, medium buses, trucks and trailers are prohibited to be transferred to Fuzhou. Other vehicles that are transferred to Fuzhou must satisfy at least State-IV emissions standards.