Global automotive transmission size has been more than 90 million sets in 2015, up 1.1% year on year, of which, the Chinese market increased by 3.3% to exceed 24 million sets. The permeability of automatic transmission in both global and Chinese markets has been further improved from previous years; China’s automatic transmission market grows faster.
The proportion of automotive automatic transmission market in China has been close to 50% in 2015, dividing the market equally with manual transmission (MT). Concerning the passenger vehicle market, automatic transmission has accounted for 56%, of which, dual clutch transmission (DCT) and continuously variable transmission (CVT) are showing the fastest growth, reaching above 20% and 30% respectively; AT is in a state of slow growth; the market size of automated manual transmission (AMT) has been slightly declining.
With respect to the distribution of enterprises, DCT and CVT will still be the focus of future market:
In April 2016, the world’s first low-torque 6DCT50 dual-clutch automatic transmission of Dongfeng GETRAG Transmission Co., Ltd. went off the line, bringing annual production capacity of 30,000 units to the factory;
In July 2016, Chongqing Tsingshan Industrial Co., Ltd. formally entered the mass production of DCT;
In August 2016, Honda submitted to the Japan Patent Office an application for “11-speed three-clutch automatic transmission” patent. According to the design of Honda, more gears and clutches can get higher gear-shifting response efficiency and smoother trip-over stop, but also can effectively reduce torque losses;
In 2016, SAIC GM plans to invest RMB2.5 billion in the construction of the CVT transmission project, which upon the completion can add 450,000 units/a transmission capacity.
The traditional CVT producer Nanjing Punch Powertrain Co., Ltd. is presently carrying on DCT customized research. It plans to meet the needs of small car market by launching ideal DCTs with high fuel economy and comfort.
At the same time, with the development of new energy automobile market, hybrid power transmission has become the development priority for global enterprises, e.g. Schaeffler, Aisin, ZF Friedrichshafen have launched related products. In China, the dual-clutch transmission that can be applied to conventional power as well as match plug-in hybrid system is the hot topic in current research and development of domestic automakers.
The report covers the followings:
– Global automotive transmission market size & structure, development characteristics of AT, DCT, CVT and AMT segments, main manufacturers, and supporting relationship;
– China automotive transmission market size & structure, development characteristics, production capacity, and analysis on AT, DCT, CVT and AMT segments;
– Global and China new energy automobile transmission development status and enterprise layout;
– Development of global and Chinese transmission producers (autonomous ones and joint ventures), mainly including product type, product sales and capacity.
– AW Suzhou Automotive Parts Co., Ltd.
– AW Tianjin Automobile Parts Co., Ltd.
– Anhui Xingrui Gear-transmission Co., Ltd.
– Beijing MOBIS Transmission Co., Ltd.
– BorgWarner Dual Tronic Transmission Systems Co., Ltd.
– China National Heavy Duty Truck Group Datong Gear Co., Ltd.
– Chongqing Tsingshan Industrial Co., Ltd.
– Continental AG
– Dongfeng GETRAG Transmission Co., Ltd.
– GETRAG (Jiangxi) Transmission Co., Ltd.
– Hangzhou IVECO Automobile Transmission Technology Co., Ltd.
– Harbin DongAn Automotive Engine Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
– Honda Auto Parts Manufacturing Co., Ltd
– Hunan Jianglu & Rongda Vehicle Transmission Limited Company
– Hunan Sino-German Automobile Automatic Transmission Co., Ltd
– Inner Mongolia OED Engine Co., Ltd.
– JATCO (Guangzhou) Automatic Transmission Ltd.
– Magneti Marelli
– Nanjing Punch Powertrain Co., Ltd.
– Oerlikon Graziano
– Qijiang Gear Transmission Co., Ltd.
– Shaanxi Fast Auto Drive Group Company
– Shandong Menwo Transmission Co., Ltd.
– Shanghai Automobile Gear Works Co., Ltd.
– Shanghai GM Dongyue Powertrain Co., Ltd.
– Shengrui Transmission Corporation Limited
– Tangshan Aisin Gear Co., Ltd.
– Tianjin AW Automatic Transmission Co., Ltd.
– Toyota Motor (Changshu) Auto Parts Co., Ltd
– VOLKSWAGEN Transmission
– VOLKSWAGEN Transmission (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
– Volkswagen Automatic Transmission
– ZF Drivetech
– ZF Friedrichshafen
– ZF Transmissions Shanghai Co., Ltd.
– Zhejiang Wanliyang Transmission Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/k8n8zh/global_and_china